American Literature Final Essay
- Final Essays are due on Wednesday of Week 4 by 11:59 p.m. ET.
- This is a formal essay and should be formatted according to APA guidelines. Review the APA Format link (click on “Start Here” and then “Course Resources”) if you need assistance in creating a title page, headers, citations, or a References page. You do not need to include an abstract.
- Write a 750-word (minimum) essay addressing one of the topics described below. You must meet the minimum word count to get full credit.
- Your essays must include quotes from each text used to get full credit. Be sure to quote, cite, and reference from the text(s) using appropriate APA format.
- You can obtain additional writing help by reviewing the material in the Essay Tutorial link (click on “Start Here” and then “Course Resources”) or the Keiser Online Writing Lab (OWL).
- Save your essay as Microsoft Word document, and identify your work by using your last name in the file name (example: LastnameFinal.docx). Upload it by clicking on the “Final Essay” link below as an attachment.
***Submissions that are not in accepted file formats or cut and pasted into the comments section of the submission area will not be accepted. Please check to be sure your file has uploaded correctly. It is your responsibility to verify that you submitted the assignment successfully. Do not wait until you see a zero in the gradebook!
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
Final Essay Topic Choices
Topic 1: Write an essay in which you compare Art Spiegelman’s Maus to a more traditionally formatted story assigned for this class or a comic book you are familiar with. How are elements including theme, plot, and conflict different or alike in the two works? How successful do you think Spiegelman is in conveying his message through the more unfamiliar format of the graphic novel?
Topic 2: Choose two texts that we’ve read from week 3 (you may use Trifles for one of them) and discuss them in relation to modernism. Use the definition of modernism given in the Terms lecture from Week 3. Make sure to explain what modernism is and show how the texts you chose demonstrate modernism.
Topic 3: View one of the films below. Choose one character from the film and compare him/her to another character from another reading we’ve studied in class. How are they similar? Why did you choose these characters? Do they have characteristics that you can relate to? You may include elements of psychoanalytic criticism (see Week 2 Terms).
The table below identifies the three films you may choose from.
The Great Gatsby, based on F. Scott Fitzgerald’s 1925 novel. Available to rent on Amazon; available for streaming on Netflix as of May 2013;
also in theaters in May of 2013)Of Mice and Men, based on John Steinbeck’s 1937 novel. Available to rent on Amazon; available for streaming on Netflix as of May 2013
The Glass Menagerie, based on Tennessee Williams’s 1944 play. Available to rent on Amazon; available for streaming on Netflix as of May 2013
STOP! Before clicking on the “Final Essay” link below, make sure you have followed all instructions.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now