1. Apply the concepts of population health and epidemiology to one of the following infectious diseases: (Choose one from the following list for your paper.)
· Community Acquired Pneumonia
· Infectious Diarrhea
· Hepatitis B
· Tick-borne Encephalitis
2. Synthesize Course content from Weeks 1-5 according to the following sections:
· Introduction: Analysis of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) to include demographic break down that includes age, gender, race, or other at-risk indicators (data per demographics should include mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence).
· Determinants of Health: Define, identify and synthesize the determinants of health as related to the development of the infection. Utilize HP2020.
· Epidemiological Triad: Identify and describe all elements of the epidemiological triad: Host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. Utilize the demographic break down to further describe the triad.
· Role of the NP: Succinctly define the role of the nurse practitioner according to a national nurse practitioner organization (National Board of Nursing or AANP, for example) and synthesize the role to the management of infectious diseases(surveillance, primary/secondary/tertiary interventions, reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up). This includes the integration of a model of practice which supports the implementation of an evidence-based practice.
Preparing the paper
1. Application: Use Microsoft Word™ to create the written assessment.
2. Length: The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be limited to a maximum of four (4) pages. Papers not adhering to the page length may be returned to you for editing to meet the length guidelines.
3. A minimum of three (3) scholarly research/literature references must be used. CDC or other web sources may be utilized but are not counted towards the three minimum references required.
4. APA format current edition.
5. Include scholarly in-text references and a reference list.
6. Do not write in the first person (such as “me” “I”)
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
The following are best practices in preparing this project:
1. Review directions and rubric thoroughly.
2. Follow submission requirements.
3. Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included. Organize the paper using the rubric sections and appropriate headings to match the sections.
4. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
5. Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the current edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
6. Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
7. A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature references must be used.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssignment Content Possible Points =110 Points
Introduction of Infectious Disease
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDeterminants of Health||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeEpidemiological Triad||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeRole of the NP||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAssignment Format Possible Points =15 Points
APA current edition