Describe how measurements of oxygen consumption can be used to estimate energy production, and list the number of calories derived per liter of oxygen and per gram of carbohydrate, fat, and protein.
My course is
PE189-86161 Exercise Assess/Prog Implement
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
my text book is
Howley, E and Thompson, E (2012). Fitness Professionals Handbook. 6th ed.
I need questions from chapter 6/7/11 answered below willing to pay $40
1. Describe common techniques used to measure and track physical activity
2. Describe how measurements of oxygen consumption can be used to estimate energy production, and list the number of calories derived per liter of oxygen and per gram of carbohydrate, fat, and protein.
3. Express energy expenditure as L · min −1 , kcal · min −1 , ml · kg −1 · min −1 , METs, and kcal · kg −1 · hr −1 .
4. Estimate the oxygen cost of walking, jogging, and running, including the cost of walking and running 1 mi (1.6 km).
5. Estimate the oxygen cost of cycle ergometry for both arm and leg work.
6. Estimate the oxygen cost of bench stepping.
7. Identify the approximate energy cost of recreational activities, sport, and other activities, and describe the effect of environmental factors on the HR response to a fixed work rate.
1. Describe how CRF relates to health and list reasons for testing CRF as well as risks associated with CRF testing.
2. Present a logical sequence of testing.
3. Describe procedures for walking and jogging or running field tests to estimate CRF.
4. Contrast the treadmill, cycle ergometer, and bench step as instruments for GXTs.
5. List variables measured during a GXT .
6. Describe procedures used before, during, and after testing.
7. Contrast submaximal and maximal GXTs.
8. Describe the HR extrapolation procedures to estimate VO2max using submaximal treadmill, cycle, and bench-step GXTs.
9. Calibrate a treadmill, a Monark cycle ergometer, and a sphygmomanometer
1. Characterize the dose of exercise in an exercise prescription and identify means by which a health-related effect might occur.
2. Describe the public health recommendation for physical activity .
3. Explain the concepts of overload and specificity as they relate to training programs.
4. Describe general guidelines related to CRF programs, including those related to warm-up and cool-down.
5. Develop an exercise prescription with the exercise intensity, duration, and frequency needed to achieve and maintain CRF goals.
6. Express exercise intensity in terms of energy production, HR, and RPE.
7. Contrast the approaches used for developing exercise prescriptions for the general public, for the fit population, and for people whose complete GXT results are available.
8. Describe the differences between a supervised and an unsupervised program.
9. Describe how temperature and humidity, altitude, and pollution affect exercise prescriptions.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now