Introduction to Balanced LiteracyIntroduction to Balanced Literacy Read the following short web articles about balanced literacy:
- What is balanced literacy? (PDF Attached)
- Balanced Literacy Instruction: A Truce for the Reading War?http://www.k12reader.com/balanced-literacy-instruction/
- Components of balanced literacy. (PDF Attached)
Now, find and read an article published post-2000 about balanced literacy in a peer-reviewed journal from the International Reading Association. The Ashford University Library has access to these journals. (Challenge: Find an article that does not support balanced literacy.)
- Create a PowerPoint or Prezi (or feel free to use another digital tool with instructor approval). Your presentation title is “What is Balanced Literacy?”
- Describe what you have learned about balanced literacy. Pretend you will be presenting this workshop to brand new teachers from another country.
- You will be presenting at least ten slides, not including title and reference slides.
- On the last slide, include a list of sources in APA style.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Book:Rasinski, T. & Padak, N.D. (2013). From phonics to fluency: Effective teaching of decoding and reading fluency in the elementary school. NJ: Pearson.
If you have any question please feel free to ask me.