Environmental Health: Local To Global: Module 1 Quiz
- In environmental health, the term toxin refers to a toxic substance that _______________.
|[removed]||is naturally produced by a plant or animal|
|[removed]||occurs in the occupational setting|
|[removed]||results from human activity|
|[removed]||a man-made product introduced into the environment due to human activity|
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
- In toxicity testing in rodents, the LD50 is a dose that is _______________.
|[removed]||acutely fatal to 50 percent of test animals|
|[removed]||fatal to 50 percent of test animals within a 90-day period|
|[removed]||fatal to 50 percent of test animals after lifetime bioaccumulation|
- Which of the following is not characteristic of a health impact assessment?
|[removed]||It evaluates a site or activity as it is, rather than looking forward in time|
|[removed]||It includes social and economic factors in the assessment|
|[removed]||It incorporates input from community members|
- An exposure pathway connects _______________ to _______________.
|[removed]||an exposure / a change in tissue structure or function|
|[removed]||inhalation / absorption|
|[removed]||the environmental source of a contaminant / the point of exposure|
- The three major routes of human exposure to environmental contaminants are _______________.
|[removed]||by air, water, and soil|
|[removed]||environmental, occupational, and residential|
|[removed]||ingestion, inhalation, and dermal contact|
- The phrase contact with the human envelope is a common definition of _______________.
- The quantity of a toxicant (or its breakdown product) that is available to interact with some vulnerable tissue in the body is called the _______________.
|[removed]||biologically effective dose|
- The body burden of a chemical in the body reflects the net effect of _______________.
|[removed]||absorption and biological effectiveness|
|[removed]||synergism and antagonism|
|[removed]||the processes of toxicokinetics|
- Bioaccumulation is the _______________.
|[removed]||gradual building up of a chemical in the tissue of an organism|
|[removed]||increase of concentrations of a chemical at higher levels of a food pyramid|
|[removed]||movement of a chemical from water to living tissue|
- Which of the following is an example of a biomarker?
|[removed]||Body mass index calculated from measured height and weight|
|[removed]||Concentration of a pesticide in blood|
|[removed]||Inhalation rate in liters per hour|
- The Ames test is a test of a chemical’s _______________.
|[removed]||acute lethality, and is conducted in rodents|
|[removed]||mutagenicity, and is conducted in bacteria|
|[removed]||teratogenic potential, and is conducted mammalian cells|
- Exposure modeling is used to estimate the _______________.
|[removed]||biologically effective dose of a toxicant|
|[removed]||fate and transport of a toxicant|
|[removed]||ingestion of, inhalation of, or dermal contact with a toxicant|
- Conceptually, a reference dose is a dose that has no adverse effects in _______________.
|[removed]||sensitive subpopulations over a long-term exposure|
|[removed]||sensitive subpopulations over a short-term exposure|
|[removed]||the general population over a long-term exposure|
|[removed]||the general population over a short-term exposure|
- Which of the following is one of the major processes which together make up toxicokinetics?
- In doing a risk assessment for a chemical, the usual assumption is that _______________.
|[removed]||carcinogenicity has a threshold; non-cancer effects do not|
|[removed]||non-cancer effects have a threshold; carcinogenicity does not|
|[removed]||both carcinogenicity and non-cancer effects have thresholds|
|[removed]||neither carcinogenicity nor non-cancer effects has a threshold|
Click Save and Submit to save and submit. Click Save All Answers to save all answers.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now