Escience Lab 6: electronic configuration
1. What is an electron configuration?
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
2. How is the light emitted by an atom related to its electron configuration?
experiment 1 data sheet
Table 2: Results of Firework Material Ignition
Lithium chloride (LiCl)
Sodium chloride (NaCl)
Potassium chloride (KCl)
Calcium chloride (CaCl2)
Table 3: Electron Configuration
1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2
Table 4: Color of Light Emitted by Salt Types
Yellow –colored flame
1. Write out the electron configurations of carbon and each of the metals of the salt compounds used. Record this in Table 3. Potassium is already done as an example for you. Hint: The periodic table is very helpful and can be used as a guide.
2. Identify the color emitted by each of the salts along with the corresponding approximate wavelength using Table 1 in the Introduction. Record your results in Table 4.
3. Why does a salt compound give off light (or a colored flame) when burned?
4. Barium chloride (BaCl2) emits a green color when flame-tested. What can be said about the wavelength of light it emits?
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now