This assignment provides you with an opportunity to analyze a real-world case involving one or more victims of crimes, discuss relevant facts pertaining to the case, apply theories, and critique the r
This assignment provides you with an opportunity to analyze a real-world case involving one or more victims of crimes, discuss relevant facts pertaining to the case, apply theories, and critique the research that is available in the field of forensic psychology.
Select a real crime case that has occurred in the past 50 years and involved one or more victims of the crime. You can choose any type of crime to discuss as long as you focus your content on the experience of the victim(s) and the accused/offender. Research the facts pertaining to the case you selected.
Then, write a research paper that addresses the items below.
- Describe the criminal case you selected, and identify the victim(s) and the type of offender/accuser.
- Explain the psychological approach as it applies to this crime being violent or nonviolent.
- Discuss the social, economic, and psychological impact of the crime on the individual and the community.
- List any psychological treatments or rehabilitations that were offered in this case. If none were offered, identify psychological treatments and approaches that could have helped the victim(s) and the offender.
- Evaluate the victim’s role and rights within the legal system.
- Explain how forensic psychologists were used or could have been used in this specific case, and the ethics of such involvement.
- Explain how at least one classical or contemporary theory of forensic psychology was demonstrated by exploring this particular case.
Your research paper must include an introduction and be a minimum of three pages in length, not including reference or title pages. Support your research paper with at least two resources from the CSU Online Library.