Communication and the Global World
400-600 words plus graph/table
This due on May 26, 2017 but the other ones below are due on the May 29, 2017
You are in the role of project manager for a hamburger franchise global expansion project. The magnitude of the project requires you to prepare for the project kickoff meeting and business negotiations with the project team who are potential partners from Mexico, China, Israel, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). You understand that these cultures are vastly different. They have different business customs, social protocols, and languages. However, they also have a strong relationship with several of your vendors so they may be viable business partners for your expansion project.
To prepare for your project kickoff meeting and first outreach effort with each country, analyze the cultural similarities and differences that exist between the countries and the United States using Geert Hofstede’s Six Cultural Dimensions as discussed in class. Provide a bar graph or table along with a discussion of these comparisons (400-600 words).
Visit Geert Hofstede Cultural Dimensions
Create a country comparison using the United States in first dropdown menu box to see the values for the six cultural dimensions. After selecting the United States, a second and a third country can be chosen in the second dropdown menu box. Keep the United States in the first box and then repeat for each country (Mexico, China, United Arab Emirates, and Israel) involved in the fast food expansion project to see a comparison of their scores.
Create a bar graph or table to highlight how the four countries compare to the United States by using the value scores under the comparison to create the bar chart. How to make a graph on Microsoft Word:
- Click “Insert” tab
- Click “Chart” in the Illustrations Group
- Select “Bar”
- Click “OK” to insert a chart and a spreadsheet will open alongside your Word document. The spreadsheet contains sample figures surrounded by a blue border. Column “A” contains data labels. The remaining columns contain data.
- Click a corner of the border. Drag it down or up to add or remove items from the graph.
Using the United States as a basis for comparison, evaluate each country’s similarities and differences. Use your textbook, muse, live chats and the CTU Library to help identify cultural characteristics that will be important during your first project meeting with each country.
Data for External Organizations
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
After presenting your collection of data to the committee, you have been asked to critique your work to define what could have been expressed differently. In addition, the management of quality-improvement processes is very important to stakeholders. Review the Web sites of the following various organizations to identify some of the changes that have been implemented to show quality and performance improvements:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- The Joint Commission (TJC)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC)
Note: This analysis in this phase will help define the Final Project for this course.
As your final task (Final Project), you will choose a topic in health care (e.g. cardiovascular issues, obesity, or cancer) and analyze it. Then, integrate all of the steps and standards that are needed to meet the quality improvement and performance regulations that are accredited by such organizations as TJC and NCQA. Your efforts in this matter should be thorough in responding to the following deliverables:
- Define and explain at least 3 quality- or performance-improvement processes within the past 5–15 years.
- Explain the purpose of the changes.
- Identify when the changes were implemented.
- Determine whether the changes required a company-wide system change (e.g. new software implementation).
- Determine whether any new technology was required to discuss the outcome.
Data for External Organizations
You were asked to choose a quality-improvement standard within health care to discuss. This standard could be related to credentialing, patient safety, utilization management services, home health care, or long-term care. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 6–8 slides with speaker notes of 75-150 words not including title and reference pages that will display the following information:
- Define and explain the quality process you chose.
- Define descriptive versus inferential statistics. If you were to survey your members, describe the form of the 4 levels of measurement that would be suited for your task (i.e. nominal, interval, ordinal, and ratio).
- Identify the purpose of the measure.
- Illustrate how patients or members have benefited or will benefit from the process.
- Identify which types of health care organizations are impacted by the standard.
- Based on your knowledge of the standard being discussed, provide 1–3 changes that you might recommend. If you do not have any recommendations, then provide your reasons for not having a recommendation.