[Get Answer ]-Edu 321 Assignment Week 1
Website Review-Common Core State Standards and ELLs
You will review one website focused on the relationship between English language learners and the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). You may choose one from the list below or another website with approval from the instructor:
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
- Achievethecore.org (http://www.achievethecore.org/)
- Colorin Colorado (http://www.colorincolorado.org/)
- Council of the Great City Schools (http://cgcs.schoolwires.net/site/default.aspx?PageID=1)
- EdCaliber (https://www.edcaliber.com/)
- EngageNY (http://www.engageny.org/)
- National Charter School Resource Center (http://www.charterschoolcenter.org/)
- ReadWorks (http://www.readworks.org/)
- San Diego Common Core Connection (http://www.sdcoe.net/commoncore/)
- Understanding Language (http://ell.stanford.edu/)
In addition to being well written, your website review (three to four pages, not including title and reference pages) will include the following components:
- Introduction to the website, its purpose, and your overall opinion of its effectiveness in delivering its purpose.
- Evaluation of the design. Is it appealing? Consider how easy it is to navigate the site. Was the information you want to search easy to find? Did you find anything that didn’t work? Is it well written and free from errors?
- Evaluation of the relevancy of the content. Is the content/information relevant to the purpose of the site? Read through several pages of the website’s content. Do you find the content useful? How does the website balance research, theory, and practice? How well will teachers be able to use the website to learn about CCSS and how to implement it in the classroom? (Does it share instructional and assessment strategies?)
- Evaluation of the currency of the content. Is the content/information current? How do you know?
- Evaluation of the credibility of the content. Most websites have an “About Us” page or other pages that introduce the organization and writers. Is the website written by one or multiple authors? Is the website maintained by an organization? Is the group or author qualified to provide the information/content? Can you trust the source? Why or why not?
This assignment is an example of how the CCSS ask students to dig deeper; there is a big focus on information literacy.
For more support on how to write a website review, you can refer to “How to Write a Website Review.” For information regarding APA style guidelines, please visit the Ashford Writing Center.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now