[Get Answer ]-H Hist Ry F S U Lity
Study Kit:( I’ve attached files,please check them. Thanks)
– Judith R. Walkowitz, ‘Male Vice and Feminist Virtue: Feminism and thePolitics of Prostitution in Nineteenth-Century Britain’, HistoryWorkshop, No. 13, Spring 1982, 79-93
– Philippa Levine, ‘”A Multitude of Unchaste Women: Prostitution in theBritish Empire’, Journal of Women’s History, 15: 4, 2004, 159-163
Answer ONE of the following questions:
1. Historically, why has prostitution been difficult to define and/ or regulate?
2. How did Victorian-era debates about prostitution reinforce or challenge the sexual double standard?
3. What historical lessons does Walkowitz draw from feminist campaigns to repeal the Contagious Diseases Acts? Do you agree?
4. Levine argues prostitution in the British colonies was interpretedand managed differently to prostitution in Britain itself. Why?
NOTE: In devising your answer, draw on a combination of lecture notes,readings from the study kit and where relevant, discussion in class. As arough guide, aim for 250 words. Obviously this is a short answer, andit is therefore especially important to answer the question directly andconcisely. Not all readings for that particular week will be directlyrelevant to the question, so do not feel pressure to massage aparticular reading (or even the lecture) into your answer if it does notseem to fit. The response should be properly referenced. You are notexpected to read beyond the study kit to answer your question, but ifyou do please reference your source.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page