[Get Answer ]-Soc 331 1
Homelessness in America is a persistent, complex, and widely-occurringproblem that incorporates many economic, social, and psychologicaldimensions. After years of war and economic decline, the ranks of thehomelessness have grown to include families with children (35%),military veterans (23%), children (25%), persons fleeing domesticviolence (30%), and the mentally ill (20-25%) (National StudentCampaign, 2012). Additionally, the number of homeless young adults, aged18 to 24, is growing, giving homelessness a new face (Saulny, 2012).
With regard to the problem of homelessness, some people perceive acall for greater human compassion, while others demand more effectivesocial policy and more comprehensive public health services. Stillothers insist on greater individual responsibility and more respect forthe needs of business, reinforced by aggressive criminal justiceresponses.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
Your paper will examine a broad range of private and public responses(e.g., laws, policies, programs, and individual behaviors) to theproblem of homelessness in America.
- You will examine five to seven such responses in depth from theperspectives of virtue ethics and distributive, commutative, andretributive justice.
- You will summarize the responses and identify the consequences of each response for the problem of homelessness.
- You will evaluate competing and conflicting views about theappropriateness of private and public responses to the problem ofhomelessness and present a balanced conclusion about the justness ofeach response.
- Finally, you will draw an overall conclusion about whether, 30years from now, the next generation of Americans will view today’sresponses to homelessness as just.
Start your research by reviewing the PDF document, Recommended Resources for the Final Paper.Use these resources to gain familiarity with various aspects of thehomelessness problem and a range of responses to it. Some of thewebsites list other research based resources that contain in-depthinformation that can also be utilized in your paper. Also, use theAshford University Library to find scholarly articles that are relevantto the specific responses to homelessness that are the focus of yourpaper.
The paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding the titleand reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must useat least five scholarly resources (at least two of which can be found inthe Ashford University Library) other than the textbook to support yourclaims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on thereference page. For information regarding APA, including samples andtutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the LearningResources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, andformatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford WritingCenter.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must start with a short introductory paragraph which includes aclear thesis statement (your answer to the question: Will the nextgeneration of Americans view as just, today’s response tohomelessness?). The thesis statement itself is just that – a statementof what your essay demonstrates. The thesis is not a question, and it isnot a summary of the topics discussed. You should avoid using the firstperson voice, avoid sentences like “This paper will show that…” andavoid asking questions with your thesis. Rather, your thesis should makedeclarative statements.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a short paragraph which includes a conclusion. The conclusion and thesis must be consistent.
- Your paper must logically develop the thesis in a way thatleads to the conclusion, and that development must be supported byfacts, fully explained concepts or assertions, and persuasive reasoning.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must be in your own words. While brief quotes from sources maybe used, altogether the total amount of quoted text must be less thanfive percent of the body of your paper.
- When you use someone else’s words, they must be enclosed inquotation marks followed by an APA in-text short citation (author, year,page number) to your source. The in-text citation must correspond to afull APA citation for the source on the reference page at the end of thepaper.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now