[Get Answer ]-The Mozart Effect 1
Assignment 3: The Mozart Effect
In this assignment, you will read an article aboutthe Mozart effect and identify various parts of the research process. Thisexercise will help you learn how to read a research article and to understandthe research process.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
Read the following article:
- Rauscher, F. H., Shaw, G. L., & Ky, K. N.(1993). Music and spatial task performance. Nature, 365. 6447:611. (October 14, 1993). (ProQuest Document ID 76004658).
In your article summary, respond to the followingquestions:
- Statethe research hypothesis in your own words. Identify the independent anddependent variables.
- Whatwere some variables the researchers controlled in their study? Why wasthis necessary?
- Whatevidence do the researchers offer as a test of their hypothesis? Is thisevidence empirical (observable)? Is it valid?
- Whatexplanation do the researchers offer for their findings? Does the evidencejustify this explanation?
Read the following article:
Jenkins, J.S. (2001). TheMozart effect. Journal of the Royal Society ofMedicine, 94, 170-172.
Based on your readings, respond to the following:
- Doyou think there is any merit in the study (Rauscher, Shaw, & Ky,1993)? Give three reasons for your position.
- Doesthe study take individual differences in spatial ability into account?Explain your answer.
- Whatare two ways in which the experiment could be modified to make the resultsmore generalizable?
Write a 5–6-page paper in Word format. Apply APAstandards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention:LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc.
By Wednesday, July 31, 2013, deliver yourassignment to the M1: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
Assignment 3 Grading Criteria
Accurately identified and described the research hypothesisand variables studied in the research article. Identified any controlvariables, and explained the necessity of controlling them.
Evaluated validity of the evidence presented as atest of the hypothesis in the research article.
Evaluated interpretation of results in theresearch article.
Critically assessed the merit of the researchstudy providing at least three reasons.
Evaluated whether the test took into accountindividual differences in spatial ability giving reasons.
Suggested at least two ways to modify theexperiment to make the results more generalizable.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner;demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attributionof sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now