Answer these questions in 250-500 word:
see attachment ( word dec)
- How is interpretation defined by Alexander and what makes it also educational?
From Mining the Museum:
see attachments ( PDF)
- What is a “dilemma label” and what is its purpose?
- Give two examples of “revisionist readings” of collections used in the text. Use examples that are museum-initiated examples. Include where they happened, when, and how they are considered revisionist.
- Give two examples of artist-initiated projects that critique museums and demonstrate that the context of art works is inseparable from the meaning of art works.
- Why do you think Fred Wilson’s Mining the Museum (1993) was a success? Give one example.
From Golden video:
- What kind of art interests Golden; what was one of her first exhibitions?
- How does she define the term ‘post-black’?