Identify three generations of one family (male/female, age, role in the family such as son/daughter, father, mother, grandmother, grandfather).
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS THESE ARE TWO SEPARATE ASSIGNMENT IN ONE. ONE IS A DISCUSSION AND THE OTHER ONE IS A DETAILED PAPER IT NEEDS TO BE DONE IN TWO SEPARATE DOCUMENTS, DO NOT COMBINE
First paper is a discussion post
This discussion asks you look at the role of the family health nurse in a genetic counseling scenario. Imagine that you are a family health nurse, and today in your office you will be seeing a married couple who are both carriers for a genetic disorder (for example, sickle cell, cystic fibrosis, or Huntington’s disease). This couple would like to have children, but since they are both carriers for a genetic disorder, they are seeking your advice on what they should do before they attempt to start a family.
References: Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references
READ CHAP 6,7 REFERENCE MUST COME FROM THESE TWO CHAPTERS
This assessment requires you to complete a Genetic/Genomic Nursing Assessment using the information found in your text on page 200, Box 8-5. You DO NOT need to create a family tree. Rather, write out your assignment in APA format and address the items from the Nursing Assessment box 8-5.
Your paper should include the following information:
- Identify three generations of one family (male/female, age, role in the family such as son/daughter, father, mother, grandmother, grandfather). You may use grandparents, parents, and children. Be sure to find a family with children.
- Brief health history of each family member (for example what health problems has each member encountered in his/her lifetime). Focus on any/all genetic diseases that may be present or those for which family members may be at risk.
- Complete a reproduction history for relevant above identified family members
- Describe the ethnic backgrounds of family member
- Identify any growth and development variations of each member
- State to what extent each family member understands the causes of their health problems
- Relate what questions family members may have about potential genetic risks
- Describe what nursing intervention strategies the family health nurse should relate to your selected family based on the obtained assessment
References USE LINK OF THE BOOK ABOVE FOR THE TWO REFERENCES FROM THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS.THE LINK ABOVE IS THE BOOK YOU WILL USE FOR THIS SECOND ASSIGNMENT PAGE 200 FOR THE SECOND ASSIGNMENT AND THE TWO REFERENCE MUST COME FROM THAT CHAPTER.
- Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information) Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases
Please follow all directions and do not PLAGIARIZE. i have attached book link to this discussion/ paper. i have also attached the rubric for the second assignment please follow rubric or assignment will not be accepted.. REMEMBER IT IS TWO SEPERATE ASSIGNMENT so it should be two different documents. do not combine both. i have seperated them both so it is easy to understand.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paper
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page