NO PLAGIARISM DUE MONDAY SEPTEMBER 10, 2018. ATTACHED IS THE ARTICLE.
Attribution Theory and Performance
Prior to beginning this assignment, be sure to read Chapter 4: Cognition, Learning, and the Environment, and read the article “Extending Attribution Theory: Considering Students’ Perceived Control of the Attribution Process”, the Instructor Guidance, and view the following website The Critical Thinking Community (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.(http://www.criticalthinking.org/).
For this written assignment, you will demonstrate your understanding of attribution theory. In essence, attribution theory states that individuals tend to make sense of (logically prescribe) situations by associating them to self, others, thoughts, feelings, or actions. This theory suggests that learners should consider why they do what they do, and what or who they are giving credit for both the victories and the failures. Further, this theory suggests that if a person believes that they are not good at something, they may attribute their unsuccessful outcomes to external factors, rather than to themselves. In contrast, if individuals have success, they more often may attribute their successes to internal factors.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
Using your required resources to support, discuss the following:
- Describe a time where you feel you have failed and blamed someone else: the teacher, the friend, a loved one. (Failure could be academic, relational, and/or organizational – loss of a job.)
- Do you believe that you blamed external things to support a more stable version of your own self-image? (In other words, it could not be your mistake). If not, what other reasons might external variables be attributed for our own performance?
- How do think stability and controllability affect performance attributions, based on our reading this week?
- Why do you think that self-efficacy plays such a critical role in how we process our learning behaviors?
- What strategies could be applied to utilize what we know about self-perception and attributions to increase your learning performance in the future? (Minimum of two strategies.)
The Attribution Theory paper
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use headings and sub-headings. See example. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Must use appropriate research methods (e.g. use of the Ashford library) and skeptical inquiry (http://www.criticalthinking.org/) to support the content inclusions.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement. Visit the Ashford writing Center to clarify how to create a strong thesis statement and what it helps you to accomplish. You may also use the Thesis Generator (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. For assistance with the critical thinking portion of the written assignment, please see the information included on the Critical Thinking Community website (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis. The conclusion typically has two parts: the summary statement (one or two sentences that restate the thesis in a fresh way to reinforce the essay’s main idea) and the clincher (a final thought that creates a lasting impression for the reader).
- Must use at least one scholarly source from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the required e-book.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. If you are unsure how to create an APA style reference page, please visit the Citation and Reference page on the Ashford Writing Center website.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now