NR 507 Midterm Exam (Version No. 12 Solutions)
Question: Which hepatitis virus is known to be sexually transmitted?
2. Question: Which term is used to identify the movement of gas and air into and out of the lungs?
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
3. Question: Between which months of age does sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) most often occur?
4. Question: Erythrocyte life span of less than 120 days, ineffective bone marrow response to erythropoietin, and altered iron metabolism describe the pathophysiologic characteristics of which type of anemia?
5. Question: How is most carbon dioxide (CO2) in the blood transported?
6. Question: The glomerular filtration rate is directly related to which factor?
7. Question: Which blood cell type is elevated at birth but decreases to adult levels during the first year of life?
8. Question: Perceived stress elicits an emotional, anticipatory response that begins where?
9. Question: It has been determined that a tumor is in stage 2. What is the meaning of this finding?
10. Question: Apoptosis is a(an):
11. Question: Which T-lymphocyte phenotype is the key determinant of childhood asthma?
12. Question: Which cells have phagocytic properties similar to monocytes and contract like smooth muscles cells, thereby influencing the glomerular filtration rate?
13. Question: What is the chief predisposing factor for respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
14. Question: During an IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reaction, which leukocyte is activated?
15. Question: Which statement is true concerning the IgM?
16. Question: What is the functional unit of the kidney called?
17. Question: Phagocytosis involves neutrophils actively attacking, engulfing, and destroying which microorganisms?
18. Question: What is the most important negative inotropic agent?
19. Question: Which term is used to describe a muscle cell showing a reduced ability to form new muscle while appearing highly disorganized?
20. Question: What is the role of caretaker genes?
21. Question: Which organism is a common sexually transmitted bacterial infection?
22. Question: The function of the foramen ovale in a fetus allows what to occur?
23. Question: How much urine accumulates in the bladder before the mechanoreceptors sense bladder fullness?
24. Question: The lung is innervated by the parasympathetic nervous system via which nerve?
25. Question: What is the trigone?
26. Question: What is the action of urodilatin?
27. Question: The generation of clonal diversity occurs primarily during which phase of life?
28. Question: Which substance has been shown to increase the risk of cancer when used in combination with tobacco smoking?
29. Question: Which type of immunity is produced by an individual after either natural exposure to the antigen or after immunization against the antigen?
30. Question: The only surface inside the nephron where cells are covered with microvilli to increase the reabsorptive surface area is called the:
31. Question: Causes of hyperkalemia include:
32. Question: When a patient has small, vesicular lesions that last between 10 and 20 days, which sexually transmitted infection is suspected?
33. Question: An individual is more susceptible to infections of mucous membranes when he or she has a seriously low level of which immunoglobulin antibody?
34. Question: Which of the following is classified as a megaloblastic anemia?
35. Question: Blood vessels of the kidneys are innervated by the:
36. Question: Which statement best describes a Schilling test?
37. Question: Which laboratory test is considered adequate for an accurate and reliable diagnosis of gonococcal urethritis in a symptomatic man?
38. Question: Continuous increases in left ventricular filing pressures result in which disorder?
39. Question: What substance stimulates renal hydroxylation in the process of producing vitamin D?
40. Question: What are the abnormalities in cytokines found in children with cystic fibrosis (CF)?
41. Question: What is the primary problem resulting from respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
42. Question: What is the most common cause of insufficient erythropoiesis in children?
43. Question: Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is associated with which type of hypersensitivity reaction?
44. Question: Causes of hyperkalemia include:
45. Question: Where in the respiratory tract do the majority of foreign objects aspirated by children finally lodge?
46. Question: What effects do exercise and body position have on renal blood flow?
47. Question: Which complex (wave) represents the sum of all ventricular muscle cell depolarizations?
48. Question: What is the ratio of coronary capillaries to cardiac muscle cells?
49. Question: Low plasma albumin causes edema as a result of a reduction in which pressure?
50. Question: Which compensatory mechanism is spontaneously used by children diagnosed with tetralogy of Fallot to relieve hypoxic spells?
51. Question: How is most of the oxygen in the blood transported?
52. Question: Why is nasal congestion a serious threat to young infants?
53. Question: What is the major concern regarding the treatment of gonococci infections?
54. Question: Which drug may be prescribed orally for outbreak management of herpes simplex viral (HSV) infections?
55. Question: Decreased lung compliance means that the lungs are demonstrating which characteristic?
56. Question: The most common site of metastasis for a patient diagnosed with prostate cancer is which location?
57. Question: Which criterion is used to confirm a diagnosis of asthma in an 8-year-old child?
58. Question: Which organ is stimulated during the alarm phase of the general adaptation syndrome (GAS)?
59. Question: Which hormone is required for water to be reabsorbed in the distal tubule and collecting duct?
60. Question: What is the primary cause of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now