ITS IMPORTANT TO MEET THE COMPETENCES!
Investigate your organization’s compliance rate with one specific core measure of your choice and write a 2-3-page (maximum) executive summary analyzing the financial and regulatory impact of organizational compliance with your chosen measure. Include recommendations for improving performance on the measure.
In order to promote safe, caring, patient-centered environments, nurse leaders must both conceptually understand and be proficient at performing a wide variety of leadership skills. Effective nursing leaders develop and maintain awareness of issues that emerge at many levels within and outside of their organizations. In addition to developing self-assessing competencies necessary for their roles, nurse leaders must also acquire organizational and systems leadership skill sets.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 4: Policy, Finance, and Regulations – Understand the scope and role of policy, finance, and regulatory environments in relationship to individual and population outcomes.
- (IMPORTANT) -Compare the compliance rates of a specific measure for different organizations.
- (IMPORTANT) -Explain the importance of compliance in terms of policy, regulation, and finance.
- Competency 5: Communication – Communicate effectively with all members of the health care team, including interdepartmental and interdisciplinary collaboration for quality outcomes.
- (IMPORTANT) -Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a nursing professional.
- Competency 6: Organizational and Systems Management – Apply knowledge of organizational behavior, nursing theory, and systems (micro- and macro-) as appropriate for the scope and role of one’s own practice.
- (IMPORTANT) -Explain strategies to overcome described organizational barriers to change.
- Competency 9: Professional Role – Incorporate the qualities, skills, behaviors, and knowledge required to function as a patient advocate, practice high-quality care, assess and evaluate patient outcomes, and provide leadership in improving care.
- (IMPORTANT) -Identify the stakeholders affected by changes to a specific compliance measure and describe changes that would improve compliance of a specific measure.
For this assessment, write an executive summary analyzing the financial and regulatory impact of organizational compliance with a specific core measure of your choice. The summary must include recommendations for improving performance on the measure.
You must be able to explain the financial implications associated with the measure, as well as its importance in terms of policy, regulation, and finance. This is another good opportunity to consult with a key stakeholder within the organization. Talking to someone who works closely with the organization’s finances can help you develop a deeper understanding of the financial aspects of compliance. You also need to suggest ways your organization can improve compliance and how you would implement changes and overcome obstacles.
This may seem like an enormous undertaking, but you should approach it as if you were to present this information to your supervisor or manager. Keeping in mind that people in these positions do not have time to read a 10–12-page report, you would typically give them only an executive summary of your analyses and recommendations. That means that you will need to be very clear and very concise with the information you choose to include in the executive summary. Say as much as possible with as few words as possible.
Select a core measure and investigate your organization’s compliance rate with the measure. In your executive summary, address the following:
- Compare the compliance rates of your organization with those of other organizations.
- Explain why the measure is important in terms of policy, regulation, and finance.
- Describe changes that could be made that would improve compliance with the measure.
- Identify the stakeholders who would be affected by the changes.
- Identify obstacles you would expect to encounter and explain strategies to overcome these obstacles.
- Format: Include a title page and references page. As this is an executive summary, do not use APA style and formatting. To determine the appropriate format, it may be helpful for you to review the documents used in your organization. How do they look? What kind of language is used in memos? These can help guide your development of this executive summary. Certainly, feel free to use bullet points as appropriate.
- Length: Write a 2–3-page (maximum) summary of your information, not including the title page and references page.
- References: You must still reference scholarly resources to support your work. Use at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
- Font: Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.