PPharm- Wk 1 DBQ Discussion: Foundational Neuroscience
APA Format, 3 credible references, not more than 5 years old, No certain length, Just make sure to answer the question the instrctor is asking.
Post a response to each of the following:
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
- Explain the agonist-to-antagonist spectrum of action of psychopharmacologic agents.
- Compare and contrast the actions of g couple proteins and ion gated channels.
- Explain the role of epigenetics in pharmacologic action.
- Explain how this information may impact the way you prescribe medications to clients. Include a specific example of a situation or case with a client in which the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner must be aware of the medication’s action.
Discussion: Foundational Neuroscience
As a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, it is essential for you to have a strong background in foundational neuroscience. In order to diagnose and treat clients, you must not only understand the pathophysiology of psychiatric disorders, but also how medications for these disorders impact the central nervous system. These concepts of foundational neuroscience can be challenging to understand. Therefore, this Discussion is designed to encourage you to think through these concepts, develop a rationale for your thinking, and deepen your understanding by interacting with your colleagues.
- Analyze the agonist-to-antagonist spectrum of action of psychopharmacologic agents
- Compare the actions of g couple proteins to ion gated channels
- Analyze the role of epigenetics in pharmacologic action
- Analyze the impact of foundational neuroscience on the prescription of medications
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in theCourse Materials section of your Syllabus.
Note: All Stahl resources can be accessed through the Walden Library using this link. This link will take you to a log-in page for the Walden Library. Once you log into the library, the Stahl website will appear.
Stahl, S. M. (2013). Stahl’s essential psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific basis and practical applications (4th ed.). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press *Preface, pp. ix–x
Note: To access the following chapters, click on the Essential Psychopharmacology, 4th ed tab on the Stahl Online website and select the appropriate chapter. Be sure to read all sections on the left navigation bar for each chapter.
- Chapter 1, “Chemical Neurotransmission”
- Chapter 2, “Transporters, Receptors, and Enzymes as Targets of Psychopharmacologic Drug Action”
- Chapter 3, “Ion Channels as Targets of Psychopharmacologic Drug Action”
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now