OpenStax College (2017). Psychology. https://openstax.org/details/psychology. Read the following: Chapters 13 and 14Video Resources TEDx Talks. (2018, January 16). Why there’s so much conflict at wor
OpenStax College (2017). Psychology. https://openstax.org/details/psychology.
Read the following:
- Chapters 13 and 14
- TEDx Talks. (2018, January 16). Why there’s so much conflict at work and what you can do to fix it | Liz Kislik | TEDxBaylorSchool [Video]. YouTube.
- TEDx Talks. (2018, October 18). How to deal with difficult people | Jay Johnson | TEDxLivoniaCCLibrary [Video]. YouTube.
Throughout this course, you have learned about a vast variety of topics and concepts in Psychology. In this paper, you will choose a recent Psychological news article to write about. Choose an article that interests you.
Go to the following website: http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/mind_brain/psychology/
Make sure to describe the study, participants, and findings. What was the study about? What were the conclusions? What did you think of the study and how does it affect our society? In your opinion, are there any significant limitations of the study? In the conclusion of the paper, tie in what you have learned so far with the news article your summarized. Use at least 2 key terms that were used in your textbook to describe the results of the article and how it ties in with what you have learned. The paper should have two key terms (vocabulary words) placed in bold from any chapter in the textbook.
The Written Assignment should be 2-3 double spaced pages in length, not including title or reference pages. Make sure your assignment is APA format with double-spacing, Times New Roman, 12-point font, and 1” margins. Include citations and a list of references in APA format. Edit for spelling and grammar errors. You can get assistance with APA formatting at: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html.
Take the following questionnaire on happiness and answer the following questions in an essay format: http://www.meaningandhappiness.com/oxford-happiness-questionnaire/
- What was your score? How did you rate in happiness?
- Did you agree or disagree with this score? Why?
- Does this change any of your thoughts about how happy you are? How so?
- Did this test make you want to make any changes? If so, how?
- The textbook describes happiness being divided into 3 elements: the pleasant life, the good life, and the meaningful life. Do you believe that you are missing one of these elements? If so, which one? Why?
The above website has links to research done to improve happiness. Feel free to browse the studies and try some of the exercises!
The Learning Journal entry should be a minimum of 400 words and not more than 750 words. Use APA citations and references if you use ideas from the readings or other sources.