Question 1 (for students whose last name begins with letters A-M):
(1) First pick any country in the world, and then research that country drawing on information found in the CIA World Factbook (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html) (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
(2) Next, develop a list of five organizations which your country of choice is a member.
(3) Then, explain which one of these organizations is particularly beneficial as far as this country is concerned.
(4) Please include a link to this organization, and explain its mission and membership.
- This week you have been assigned an Issue from Taking Sides which addresses the following question: “Is the European Union in Danger of Disintegrating?” This assignment offers you an opportunity to critically assess both sides of the argument (there could be more than two sides, but we are only discussing two here!) First, read both sides of the issue. Then, explain whether each perspective passes what we might call the “critical assessment test.” Here, you might assess the logic, examples and conclusions that each author is using to make his or her case. Finally, explain what your perspective is on the above question. Do you agree with one side or the other? Explain.
- Make sure to draw on An Introduction to Global Studies in your assessment of the issue. Cite accordingly. Does this reading offer evidence or arguments that lend support to one side or the other of the argument, for example?
- Posting Due on Friday July 20 by 11 pm. (16 points)
- Respond to two classmates by Sunday July 22 by 11 pm. (2 points each)