Review the case Informed Consent in Louisiana – Lugenbuhl v. Dowling.
1. Review the case Informed Consent in Louisiana – Lugenbuhl v. Dowling.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
2. First, identify the elements of the legal citation- plaintiff, defendant, court, location of case etc.
3. Explain the meaning and importance of the doctrine of informed consent.
4. Discuss why we have this doctrine and what would happen if we did not.
5. Discuss the two elements that must be present for informed consent to exist under the law.
6. In a legal case of negligence and liability explain why the basis for negligence may be battery, unconsented touching, or breach of a duty imposed on the doctor to disclose material information.
7. Explain the elements that must be present for a patient to give informed consent.
A Practical Guide to Informed Consent. Temple Health (2007). http://www.templehealth.org/ICTOOLKIT/html/ictoolkitpage1.html
Informed consent Russell G. Thornton Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2000 April; 13(2): 187–190.PMCID: PMC1312305 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312305/
Informed Consent in Louisiana – Lugenbuhl v. Dowling, 701 So.2d 447 (La. 1997), rehearing denied (Nov 21, 1997) Guide http://biotech.law.lsu.edu/cases/consent/Lugenbuhl.htm
Am J Public Health. 2008 May; 98(5): 793–801. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2006.107706
PMCID: PMC2374810 Ethics in Public Health Research: Privacy and Public Health at Risk: Public Health Confidentiality in the Digital Age. Meyers, Frieden, Bherwani and Henning. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374810/
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now