Scholarly Telehealth Nursing Essay
Assignment 3: Scholarly paper- Telecommunication Technology and the delivery of Health Services
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
In healthcare today, many patient/clients are increasing using telehealth applications for monitoring their health status. At the same time, in clinics and hospitals, primary care providers (PCPs) including advanced practice nurses are being challenged by patient/client questions concerning healthcare-related information and practice reported on the internet. This assignment relates to telehealth care, the impacts of telehealth on the nursing role, and the use of standards to evaluate and recommend credible websites to patients.
In this paper, students will examine telehealth, discuss one specific emerging telehalth tool, and identify implications of how telehealth impacts emerging telehealth nursing roles. Students will also use standard criteria to identify credible websites for a selected telehealth population and design a teaching plan to empower this population to evaluate health information on the web. Include the following in the scholarly paper as the work is composed and organized:
1. Telehealth Care and Telenursing
- Discuss the clinical and non-clinical uses of this technology and provide examples
- Identify the required safety and security provisions/standards for telehealth applications:
- Ethical (Including the American Nurses Association’s Code for Nurses with Interpretive Statements)
- Legal (including “Meaningful Use” according to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act [ARRA]).
- Regulatory (Credentialing and certification)
- Generate a table of the major benefits and current challenges to adoption of telehealth applications (support with references).
- Analyze how telehealth affects patients’ empowerment and patients’ engagement in their own health.
- As a master’s prepared nurse in an advanced practice role, discuss how you would evaluate the quality and effectiveness of a telehealth tool. Please use Evidence Based Practice (EBP) approach.
2. Telehalth Applications for a specific population
- Select a patient population using telehealth applications and identify one specific remote monitoring system/telehealth tool that would be appropriate for this specific patient population. Please remember that the patient population must be specific, for example, cancer patients.
- Identify which standardized nursing and medical language(s) are captured by this tool
- Access the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s [IHI] website at http://www.ihi.org/engage/initiatives/tripleaim/pages/default.aspx
- Explain how this selected telehealth tool addresses each of the three dimensions of the “IHI Triple AIM”
- Explain how the master’s prepared nurse will be impacted by this telehealth application
- Analyze the role of the telenurse in using and educating the patient about this specific telehealth tool
- · What training would be needed · What equipment would be used · How would you assess the patient and family’s response to this telehealth tool?
3. Evaluating Health-Related Websites for Populations
- o For the preferred patient population, identify two credible health-related web sites that would be useful to ensuring this population’s effective health status. Remember that this must be in relation to selected patient population above. o Explain why (what specific aspects of the website) you would recommend these websites to this population. § What website evaluation criteria did you use? § Assess and report the reading level of information presented in each website o Present a teaching plan to educate these patients about how to select a reputable and credible health website to manage their health. Please remember to use EBP assessment tools.
- This is a scholarly paper of 6 to 8 pages (excluding title page and reference page(s).
- Students are expected to apply APA formatting to the entire document, including the title page/reference page(s), the level headings, and in-text citations/quotes.
- All references and sources must meet the latest style of APA 6th edition.
- All sources and references must not be older than 5 years old.
- Ensure the use of Level 2 headings.
- Must be double spaced and and written in Times New Roman 12 Font as per APA guidelines.
- Use of proper English grammar is a MUST!
- Use of proper English spelling is a MUST!
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now