What does the performance suggest about the role of theater in contemporary culture?
Plays are meant to be performed, rather than read. The purpose of dramatic arts often extends far beyond the words written on a page; staging, lighting, costumes intonation, expression, and audience experience are all part of the experience of a theatrical production. To help develop your understanding of The Tempest and the cultural role of the dramatic arts, you will view a production of the play this week and write a two-page reflection to explain your viewing experience.
For this assignment, you will view on YouTube.com (Shakespeare’s The Tempest).
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
(Published on Aug 6, 2012. Part 1 of 2. St. Louis Shakespeare’s 2010 production of Shakespeare’s THE TEMPEST. Performed at the Grandel Theatre, St. Louis, Missouri.)
View the video and Complete a reflection that addresses the following:
- Identify the performance that you have selected.
- Describe the staging, lighting, costumes, and characters of the performance. How do these match or revise the written version of the play?
- What type of mood and tone does the performance create? How?
- What parts of the play are easier to understand through performance? What are some details that stood out through performance?
- What does the performance suggest about the role of theater in contemporary culture?
This the videos URL–https://youtu.be/KCj5e75s30A
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now