What risk factors does John have for risk of opioid withdrawal during this hospitalization?
-APA FORMAT REQUIRED
John, a 46-year-old African American male presents for admission to your hospital for hemi colectomy for colon polyps. He is complaining of chronic back pain. Patient is on disability from work-related injury. History of two previous back surgeries with relief of numbness in RLE, but pain has not been relieved. His current medications include Methadone, Neurontin, and Norco. John states he takes Tylenol PM every night in addition to his prescribed medications. John is a smoker and smokes 1 PPD. John confides in you that he is considering a spinal cord stimulator for the chronic pain.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
- What risk factors does John have for risk of opioid withdrawal during this hospitalization?
- Is there a stigma connected to being disabled and/or methadone?
- Does the nurse need to be concerned about acetaminophen use?
- What are the differences in acute and chronic pain?
- Jarvis, C. (2016). Physical examination & health assessment (7th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Saunders.
- Chapter 10: Pain Assessment: The Fifth Vital Sign
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now