Maria is a sedentary, 68-year-old woman who is overweight, Case study help
Case Study 2
Maria is a sedentary, 68-year-old woman who is overweight. She complains that her hands and feet are always cold, and she tires quickly when cleaning the house. At her most recent visit to her doctor, her blood pressure was 184/98 mm Hg. She has edema around her ankles and legs, and her physician is concerned about an echocardiogram that indicates Maria has an enlarged heart.
1. Identify two reasons why Maria will have tissue ischemia. How might this lead to hypoxia?
2. What two early and reversible changes occur to tissue cells when they are hypoxic?
3. What specific type of cellular adaptation has taken place in Maria’s enlarged heart? What made you come to this conclusion?
4. Predict why Maria’s heart has become enlarged. Why doesn’t this enlargement give her the same cardiac strength and endurance as a well-trained athlete?
Before finalizing your work, you should:
· Ensure you have written at least four double-spaced pages.
· be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
· consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
· utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
· follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
· be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
· display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
· use APA 6th Edition format as outlined in the APA Progression Ladder.
https://essaysmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/LOG-300x60.png00@developerhttps://essaysmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/LOG-300x60.png@developer2022-04-16 22:24:022022-04-16 22:24:02What two early and reversible changes occur to tissue cells when they are hypoxic?
Essaysmind offers quality academic writing services including essay writing, editing, and proofreading at an affordable price and timely delivery.