Why is it important for you to be aware of your bio-reactions?
Professional Communication and Leadership in Healthcare
Competency 1013.1.1: Self-Discovery and Mindfulness– The graduate evaluates and displays behaviors consistent with the process of self-discovery and mindfulness
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $13/Page
Task 1: Observing Bio-Reactions
Bio-reactions (fight, flight, freeze, or appease) include quick responses to stimuli that are dangerous and fearful experiences. Bio-reactions help the brain reinforce certain pathways. Some pathways associate that past reaction with other similar events. This is one way to learn. The fear response may be associated with other nonfearful events. Because the brain is so good at making these associations, we aren’t even aware of the miscue.
Bio-reactions are automatic. In most cases they are not under your control, such as when you automatically close your eyes when something flies at your face. In other cases, you can have more control over your reaction. To be in control of these responses, the first step is to become aware of when you are experiencing a bio-reaction. To be aware of your bio-reactions, it may be helpful to ask yourself the following questions:
• What caused the bio-reaction?
• What was happening in the environment around you?
• What emotions did you feel?
• How did your body react?
• What, if anything, did you do differently when you noticed you were having a bio-reaction?
• Why is it important for you to be aware of your bio-reactions?
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Note: Complete the Learning Brains and bio-reaction material found in module 1 in your course of study before completing this task.
A. Describe three situations where you have experienced a bio-reaction.
1. Identify which bio-reaction (fight, flight, freeze, or appease) you were experiencing in each situation from part A.
2. Describe what was happening in the environment around you during each of the identified bio-reactions.
3. Describe how your body reacted and what emotions you felt during each of the identified bio-reactions.
4. Explain why it is important to be aware of your bio-reactions.
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now